Friday, July 10, 2015

Wedding Showers and Babies

On June 25, I traveled to Atlanta to co-host the wedding shower of my best friend, Robyn. She will be marrying her fiance, Paul, in October. I am honored to be her Maid of Honor, along with her cousin, Nanci. It was quite an ordeal trying to plan a shower from two different states (Nanci lives in New Hampshire) but Nanci was great to work with and it all ended up coming together beautifully. One of Robyn's bridesmaids, Stephanie, graciously offered her house as the venue for the shower. Luckily her home is beautiful and required very little additions on our part. Nanci's mother Deb also joined us to help set up for the shower and my aunt, mother and grandmother helped us to clean after the shower. I was so grateful for all they did. It was the first week that I felt really crummy, even getting sick on the planes to and from Atlanta. I was very tired throughout the weekend but did my best to push through and I was lucky to have so many wonderful ladies to help me!

Here are a few pictures from the shower:




Nanci, Robyn and Me

The Bridal Party - what a fun group of ladies!

The shower was held on Saturday afternoon and I think Robyn had a great time. She got so many wonderful gifts - all of her family and friends were so generous! That night, she hosted her Bachelorette Party at a club in Atlanta. This preggo was too tired to imagine dancing the night away, so I sent her off with a hug and a kiss while I gratefully passed out in her comfy bed at home!




On Sunday afternoon, I met my parents for lunch at Pizza Cafe, one of my favorite restaurants back home. I was pleasantly surprised that my godparents came along with my brother, niece and nephew. It was so nice to spend a few hours catching up with everyone. One of my closest childhood friends, Meghan, also came to meet us. She had her first child, Elliana, in November of last year and I was so excited to meet her. It was so fun to talk motherhood with Meghan and see a little glimpse into my future! 


Loved getting to spend some time with my niece, Rowan 


Elliana is just precious. She looks so much like Meghan! She wasn't too sure about me, but I loved holding her for the minute she let me! 


It was a whirlwind weekend but nice to be home for a bit. The next time I see my parents will be at Robyn's wedding. By then, the baby bump will be on full display!

3 comments:

  1. So honored for the sacrifice you made for me! Everything you did it turned out so incredibly perfect! I'm already so in love with little peanut I can't wait to meet the bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lissa, I’m very happy for your friend. Hope she will be enjoying her married life. It’s always great pleasure to be one of bridesmaids. I have been bridesmaid at many of my friends’ wedding and I always enjoy it. Now it’s my friends’ turn to be bridesmaids at my wedding that is happening in August. I have bought best bridal shower favors from https://www.bestpricefavors.com/product-category/bridal-shower-ideas-wedding-shower-ideas/bridal-shower-party-favors-wedding-shower-favors/ to show them my affection and gratitude. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Even I wished to have my bridal shower at home but there was a leakage in the water pipe and we had no water at the place. So, my friends booked one of the New York venues for my bridal shower. It was beautiful! This post reminded me of that, all of you look amazingly beautiful here.

    ReplyDelete