Friday, July 17, 2015

Sweet Heartbeat

Yesterday afternoon, we had our first appointment with the OB. It was a fairly quick appointment (after a long wait) and it was so amazing to hear Peanut's little heartbeat. It was very fast - rate of 159 - which made everyone tell us "it's a girl.!" We still have a few months before finding out the gender, but hopefully that time will go quickly because we are anxious to know whether we're Peanut will be a Prince or a Princess. My dad has a knack for guessing the gender of the kids in the family - so far he is 5 for 5, which he never lets anyone forget. He has told us we are having a girl, so we'll see if we can get his record up to 6 for 6!


Jason and I before the appointment - obviously, I was a bit excited. I purposely took a picture before because I assumed I would cry and the splotchy, red-eyed look was not what I was going for!

I have had so much fun looking at baby furniture and dreaming of the nursery since I found out I was pregnant. We are planning to paint the nursery gray and we are buying white furniture. The color will come when we know the gender! Unfortunately, I tend to have what my dad would call "champagne taste on a beer budget" and most of what I picked out was far out of our budget. Luckily, Amazon came to the rescue and we were able to pick out a crib and glider to get us started. Jason found a dresser on Craigslist that he brought home last night. It is solid wood, and already painted white. At 100 dollars, it was quite a steal! I'm excited to start getting everything together. It will take us a while to finish up our to do list, but now that my energy is coming back, I should be more help to Jason. He hopes at least!


After our appointment yesterday, Jason and I discussed telling the rest of the family that we are expecting, I am really close with my family, particularly my cousins (one of them, Renee, is the inspiration behind this blog) and it was important to me that they all hear the news from me before it hit social media. So, with only 3 large treats, I was able to bribe Gracen into the picture below. I sent this out to my aunts, uncles and cousins to share the news. What an awesome family little Peanut is coming into - he/she has no idea how lucky they are!




No comments:

Post a Comment