Tuesday, July 21, 2015

12 Weeks

We are 12 weeks today! I cannot believe it's already been 3 months! Like I've always heard, the time does go fast which means we really should get on top of our to do list. Maybe this weekend we will find some motivation. I keep waiting for the infamous need to "nest" to kick in, but so far that has been eclipsed by my need to nap and eat carbs. 

According to the scale at the gym, I have not gained weight (though I'm beginning to think the scale is broken). My clothes are definitely not fitting the same way and even the belly band only works for some of my pants. I am still trying to avoid breaking out the maternity clothes, but I may need to give in soon. Last night, Jas looked at me and said "holy cow, you look really pregnant!" I'm sure what he meant was "I've never seen you so beautiful and glowing." Isn't he the sweetest? 


Since announcing our pregnancy to our friends and family, I have been so excited when I have come home to a package at the door. It is always so fun to see what people send. Early on, my mom sent me a pregnancy book with sticky notes, highlighters and pens so I could mark the book along the way. Can you tell she is a teacher? I love the book because I can just read one chapter each week to update me on what is going on and that prevents me from getting too overwhelmed (Have you looked at "What to Expect When You're Expecting"? It's terrifying).

Right after my birthday, my best friend Robyn sent us our first box of diapers and helped to inspire us to start our collection. A few weeks ago my in-laws sent me a package with the Snoogle, a pregnancy pillow that my sister swears is the greatest invention ever. They also sent some "belly butter" and a picture frame for our first sonogram. I won't lie....I cried when I opened the frame! Yesterday I came home to a package from my friend Mellisa. She had told me she was sending a shirt, but I didn't know anything else. "Feed me and tell me I'm Pretty" is the perfect shirt for any girl, especially when pregnant. I will be wearing that often until my belly gets too big!


No comments:

Post a Comment