Thursday, July 9, 2015

My Dirty Thirty...that wasn't so dirty

On June 12, I turned the dreaded 3-0. In all honesty, I had not been looking forward to leaving my twenties and entering a new decade, but news of expecting Peanut helped to soften the blow. Prior to learning I was pregnant, Jason had made reservations at my favorite restaurant on the Plaza, Coopers Hawk, where we would be able to enjoy a wine tasting prior to dinner. Once we learned about Peanut, that no longer sounded like a fun night so Jason changed our reservations to Gram and Dun, another of our favorite restaurants in the city.

My birthday fell on a Friday this year and I took the day off to enjoy some time off. I got a manicure and pedicure and enjoyed lunch with two great friends, Shannon and Mandi.


Flowers from Meghan - the martini glass was a perfect touch! 


Lunch with these lovely ladies - Mandi and Shannon

Jas came home after work and we headed to our reservations. I was shocked when I arrived and found my family and friends had flown in to surprise me. I could not believe that Jason had pulled off such a surprise and I was thrilled that my parents, aunt, sister and best friend had made the trip. Prior to this dinner, Jas and I had only told our parents that we were pregnant. Once we were at the dinner, I realized we would need to make an impromptu announcement to explain why I wasn't drinking my beloved white wine in celebration.



My Dirty Thirty drink...don't worry...#mocktail 

Once we had settled in, I made the announcement and everyone's reaction was great. Everyone was so happy and excited for us and we enjoyed telling the story of Patrick from Stony Creek and how we found out. It was so great to be able to tell loved ones in person!


My lifelong best friend, Robyn


My little sister, Celeste 


The Denmark Girls

We enjoyed a delicious dinner, some yummy mocktails and great conversation. So my Dirty Thirty was anything but dirty....however, it was the best birthday yet!



A group shot following my surprise birthday dinner - some of my favorite people!


I have the best husband ever to pull off this great surprise - and he has given me the greatest birthday gift ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment