Monday, July 20, 2015

Ice, Ice, Baby

As we all know these days, if something hasn't been posted on social media - it hasn't happened, right? We have been waiting to post any news about our pregnancy to Facebook for a few reasons. One, we wanted to get in the "safe zone" and get the all clear from our doctor that things are progressing normally. Two, we wanted to be sure we had told our family and friends prior to the news becoming public (nothing worse than finding out big news about someone you love on the internet!)


My little sister, Celeste, sent us a few ideas of a cute announcement and we liked this play on the Vanilla Ice song from the nineties...reminded me of elementary school! We found that people either immediately understood the joke ("Ice, Ice, Baby"), or they were super confused (which we had not anticipated). We also had several people ask if we are having twins! For the record, there is only one Peanut in there! 

We are happy for the news to be public so that we can talk openly about our excitement, and even more so perhaps that I can start wearing comfortable clothes! 

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit it took me a second to catch on! Ha! I had closed out instagram and was thinking about your picture and it finally hit me! Duh!

    ReplyDelete