Saturday, April 2, 2016

Our week in Review

I can't believe another week of maternity leave has come and gone. I only have one more full week and I am dreading going back to work. While I'm looking forward to some regular adult interaction, I am so sad to be leaving my baby. I hope one day to be a stay at home mom, but until that's a possibility I'm trying to soak up every minute we have left.

We had a really good, if uneventful, week. Hadley has started sleeping better through the night and last night slept 7 hours before waking up to eat - and then slept another two hours after that! I am under no delusions that this will be her new normal, but this tired mama appreciated the night of restful sleep.

This week, Hadley started spending time in her Bumbo chair. She is not a huge fan of tummy time and the Bumbo chair allows her to strengthen the same muscles - with less screaming which is a win for me! The first day she sat in the chair she lasted almost 20 minutes!


On Friday, Hadley and I went to Cerner to visit with one of my old coworkers who was in town. Christina and I started working at Cerner around the same time and she was like my little sister from the start. She is so sweet and smart. I was excited to see her accept a new opportunity in Salt Lake City and she is doing really well at her new position. But I miss her so it was so nice to spend time with her!


My mom is coming into town tomorrow for her spring break and I am looking forward to spending time with her. And I know she is thrilled to get quality time with all the grandbabies. I have a long list of things I'd like to accomplish while she is here, so I hope she's ready!


1 comment: