Monday, March 28, 2016

Somebunny Loved her First Easter!

Last week, Hadley had her two month appointment and was given her first round of immunizations. She spiked a fever for a short time after the shots at the same time she was battling her first cold. I think it was harder for me than her! While I was pained every time she took a congested, ragged breath, she was as sweet and easy going as ever. I am so lucky to have such an easy baby (so far, but let's see how long it lasts!)
On Thursday, Jas was finally hit with the germs we have been passing around and he was sent home early from work before infecting his coworkers. Unfortunately, he was sick throughout the weekend and missed our Easter festivities. I was disappointed that he missed Hadley's first Easter, but we would rather him be healthy. And, lucky for him, I took so many pictures he will feel like he was there with us!

On Saturday morning, our church hosted an Easter Egg Hunt and picnic. Due to the cold and rainy weather, the event was held in the church. The Easter Bunny made her appearance, but I'm not so sure Hadley knew what to think about her! Not that I can blame her.,...it was a bit creepy!


On Sunday morning, Hadley and I went to church (after a mini photo shoot of course) and then spent the afternoon with Tina and Justin at their house.



Justin cooked a delicious brunch (one of the benefits of having a brother-in-law who is a chef!) and the girls enjoyed spending time together. Mickie is such a ham, always running around and dancing and telling stories. She keeps us entertained and I know both Sadie Kay and Hadley will be chasing after her before we know it. My parents had sent Easter outfits to the girls, so as soon as we made it to Tina's house, we took pictures before they could get too dirty. The girls were pretty cooperative and luckily we were able to get a few cute shots before they lost interest.We also tried to Face Time with my parents since the family was together for Easter. It was fun to see them for a minute, but Mickie dominated the conversation and I'm not sure what they saw or heard other than her dancing and telling stories!



It was so fun to spend the day together, and I know the girls will enjoy these activities even more as they grow up together. When we got back home, we were happy to see that Jason was finally feeling a bit better and seemed to have turned a corner. Fingers crossed that we can now stay healthy at the Whittaker Inn!

No comments:

Post a Comment