Monday, March 21, 2016

Down for the Count

It's been a rough few days at the Whittaker house thanks to a sick baby. 

Last week I had a terrible head cold and I think she caught some of my germs. Yesterday morning, she seemed to be fine and looked as precious as always at church. 


After she woke up from her afternoon nap it was quickly apparent that she was not her normal self. She is all stuffed up and so pitiful. Luckily for me she is the easiest sick baby ever - as long as she is being cuddled she is calm and content (with the exception of sounding like a strangled baby pig as she tries to breathe). 


Last night, Gracen sat with the baby for awhile but I think her congestion scared the dog. Luckily (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) we have Hadley's two month appointment and vaccinations with the pediatrician tomorrow morning. I am not looking forward to her getting her shots, but at least she can be seen by the doctor to make sure it's just a cold she is battling.


She has had a hard time sleeping the past few nights so she and I are looking pretty rough. Lucky for us, Jason has been as amazing as always helping to take care of the baby while keeping Mama fed and the house clean. It's no fun having a sick baby, but I'm looking at this as good practice for the multiple illnesses that are sure to take us down once she starts daycare! 

No comments:

Post a Comment