Monday, April 11, 2016

Spring Break

My mom is a third grade teacher and she usually spends her spring break here in Kansas City. Now that there are three grandchildren here I have a feeling she will never voluntarily miss that trip! It was great to have Mimi here for a week, as grandmothers provide the best kind of help. I don't think I changed a diaper the whole week and she took night duty each night she stayed with us, allowing Jas and I to get three nights of uninterrupted sleep in a row. Throughout the week, she spent a lot of time with me and Tina, as well as all three granddaughters. She kept saying she was in "Mimi Heaven"! For some crazy reason I didn't get one picture of Mimi while she was in town (probably because all of our energy was focused on the babies!)


With my mom in town, I was able to catch up on some errands I had been putting off while on leave (like getting my car tagged) and I was able to get more practice with leaving Hadley for several hours a day. I was hoping it would make me feel better about going to work, but so far that hasn't happened! One of the fun things that we did when she was here was to get Hadley's ear pierced. I know she is still a bit young (but please keep any unsolicited parenting advice to yourself!) but I thought it was a good idea to do it when she was young, and I think she looks precious. She was a champ the entire time and only cried for a minute before returning to her easy going, happy little self.


While she was here, we celebrated Makenzie's third birthday. I cannot believe that Mickie is already three! The old saying is true that the days are long, but the years are short. It seems like just yesterday Mickie was born, and now I have one of my own! We had a good time celebrating Mickie at her party and I'm glad that Mimi was able to be here for all the fun.


My mom left yesterday morning and I'm now in the last few days of my maternity leave. I can't believe it's already been 12 weeks and, in all honesty, I am dreading going back to work. I will be joining a new team when I return and, while I'm looking forward to a new opportunity, I hate the idea that I'll be leaving Hadley. Cue working mom guilt! Lucky for us, my mother in law is coming into town to watch her for a few weeks before her May 2nd start date at daycare. I'm hoping that having the baby stay with Trudy will help ease my anxiety as I get used to being back at work. Here's to hoping! Until then I will soak up all the time I have left with this little cutie. Here are a few of my favorite pics from last week:

This little pouty face was too cute - she never made a sound, but it still broke my heart!


Mimi took this picture and I just love it - she looks so sweet!

Funny onesie from Grandpa and Gammy...and so true! 

Hadley in the outfit I wore from the hospital in 1985! 

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet Mimi trip!! I'll be thinking of you as you get back to work and praying for an easy transition!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! We just weren't able to find the money in our current Dave Ramsey envelopes but I'm holding out hope that staying at home is an option in the future. Until then, prayers are appreciated! ❤️

      Delete