Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Weekend Update

After my first full week back to work after maternity leave, I could not wait for Friday afternoon when I could go home for a weekend full of cuddles with my little one. And we had a great weekend! The weather was beautiful and we spent a fair amount of time outside. On Saturday, Trudy and I took the baby to watch Jason play in a machine pitch baseball tournament. The team played great and won both games.



After the game, we went shopping at the outlet mall. Hadley slept the entire time, but I had a good time picking out some new clothes for work. I am within 2 or 3 lbs of my pre-baby weight, give or take, but I have found that my body shape has changed and most of my clothes no longer fit properly. I'm still hoping to get back into those clothes, but in the meantime, I'd like to feel comfortable. And, let's be honest, a muffin top is never a good look!

On Sunday, while Jason played the final game in his tournament (they lost, but had a great time playing!) I tried attending a new church. By "tried", I impressed myself by making it to the service on time, but then realized that the pastor of the church was celebrating his retirement. The church was holding a special service in his honor, so it was not a typical Sunday. The congregation was very welcoming, so maybe we'll try again later in the summer once the new pastor has started. I had the baby wear a cute dress that my parents bought for her. She is getting so big so quickly that I am rushing to try and have her wear all of her cute clothes at least once (some days this is easier than others as she will sometimes have four outfit changes!)



After church, I went to brunch with our small group and then headed home. Jason did some yard work and then cooked a delicious dinner. I was able to spend a lot of quality time with Hadley, which made me really happy. At one point, Jason came in and started talking to Hadley. I snapped the cutest picture of them talking to one another. They did this for about 20 minutes! Be still my heart....


We are really lucky to have Trudy here for another week to help us with Hadley. I know she has loved spending time with the baby, but it's a lot to ask for a person to take two weeks out of their life so we hope she knows how much we appreciate everything. I don't know what we will do without a grandma in town - between my mom and Trudy, we have maintained a clean house, had a full fridge and clean clothes at all times. The best part is that we have a spoiled, happy baby!


1 comment:

  1. You looks so beautiful! Give your self some grace when it comes to clothes and the new you! You will get there for sure! And I love that last picture of H raising her hand out of her swaddle.

    ReplyDelete