Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Bumping Along

22 weeks in and we’re still bumping along! I continue to enjoy the experience of being pregnant – despite a bit of discomfort from time to time and an ever growing disdain for the scale in the gym. Overall, I continue to feel really good and for that I am grateful. I am assuming that since she hasn’t tried to make a premature appearance, Peanut continues to enjoy hanging out in there and, because I can’t feel her, I can only guess that she is loving all the delicious food that Daddy makes and the regular Zumba classes that Mama drags her to without her input. I am now most looking forward to being able to feel her move. For most women, they have felt the baby by this time, but because my placenta is in the front, my doctor has warned me that it could still be several more weeks before she is big enough for me to detect her movements. I can’t wait!


We continue to make steady progress on our to-do list around the house and I’ve decided that Jason may be nesting as much, if not more, than me. Not that I’m complaining – he has always been a huge help around the house but these days he does even more. After several weekends of work, he has cleaned, organized and redecorated our basement to make it a livable space (before it was a catch all for junk and who knows what kind of critters and dust). It looks great and I know we will be grateful to have a bit more room available when family comes to visit. We still have a bit to cross off on our list, but I am most excited about the nursery. It may take a while before we get there though. Jas leaves this week to go to Canada for work and he travels at least part of every week until the second week of November. On one hand, I know he is not excited about the non-stop travel, but I have no doubt there is a part of him that is ready to get away from his wife’s constant cravings and nagging (though he is smart enough not to admit this out loud….good man).

I  can't believe September is almost over and I know October will fly by as well. We are looking forward to a beach trip next weekend to celebrate Robyn’s wedding and at the end of the month we will head to Atlanta to celebrate my grandfather’s 85th birthday as well as a shower for our little Peanut. We are so excited to see all of our family and friends here soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment