Wednesday, September 9, 2015

It's a...

GIRL!! Jason and I are thrilled to announce we are expecting a little girl. We were 19 weeks yesterday and we had our long-awaited sonogram appointment (by far my favorite appointment!) Leading up to the visit, I had been joking with Jason that I hoped our little Peanut was cooperative in showing us his/her goodies. Sure enough, once the sonogram started, she had her little hand blocking the money shot and we had to get her moving in order to see what we were looking for. That’s my southern girl…ladylike already keeping herself covered! Jas gave me a Dum Dum sucker and the sugar shocked her into a good position. It was so crazy to see her moving around without being able to feel her. The sonographer explained that my placenta is in the front and is acting as a pillow for the baby as of now. It will likely be 2 or 3 more weeks before she is big enough for me to feel her move. I’ll just have to keep waiting!

It's a Girl! 
She kept waving her hand at the camera and putting it up to her forehead...dramatic already! 

The rest of the appointment went very well. I have gained a total of 4.2 pounds (that placenta in front has made my bump deceivingly big!) and my blood pressure remains low. There were no worries in regards to Mama or Baby and I always breathe a sigh of relief at a good report.

19 Weeks

I think Jas was a little shocked seeing her on the screen and it made the whole experience a bit more real for both of us. We were so excited to start calling our family and sharing the good news. We have asked my parents for a little help in choosing the middle name for our Peanut but we expect to have a full name for our Little Lady here soon. At times, I still can’t believe we’re having a baby. And now I know I will be a mama to a little girl. I am so thrilled! 
Daddy's Little Girl
Proud Parents to Be 

No comments:

Post a Comment