Monday, September 14, 2015

Shopaholic

I have never been a big shopper...a clothes horse I am not, and I usually avoid dressing rooms like the plague. Now that I'm pregnant, I have developed an addiction to shopping. Whether online or in the store, I love it all and have no problem swiping that credit card, much to the dismay of my practical husband. Especially now that we know we are having a girl, I can't seem to stop! I just love all the baby clothes, shoes and hair bows. Everything is just so cute! Jason is funny because he is enjoying picking out all the clothes for Peanut as much as I am, if not more. I have found him to be quite opinionated as well in terms of what he feels she should be wearing!



On Saturday, Jason and I tried our hand at registering. We chose Buy Buy Baby and I was not adequately prepared for how overwhelming the process would be! Is it really necessary to have 45 different types of pacifiers? Are organic burp cloths really that much better than the cotton ones? Will Peanut care one iota if she is being transported in a 600 dollar stroller as compared to a 200 dollar one? As long as the wheels work, I've decided she'll be fine. On one hand, it was a lot of fun to pick items out, especially her bedding and some of the "fun" items like a baby bath and toys. On the other hand, the experience induced anxiety when trying to make decisions while taking into account the financial implications of what we are asking of our friends and family. Luckily, my ever pragmatic husband picked out items as if we are purchasing each one and nothing was ridiculously expensive (relatively speaking!).

On Sunday, we continued our shopping spree at Carters where we took advantage of their current sale. Jason helped to pick out two outfits for my baby showers (who am I kidding, he picked them out on his own...down to the shoes. I can take no credit) which was a lot of fun. We also bought a mirror for the nursery. I can't wait to see everything start to come together.

I have promised Jason that after all he did this past weekend, I will not make him go shopping this weekend and we can go back to tackling our in-home to do list. I'm not sure if that makes him feel any better, but at least I won't be spending money!

No comments:

Post a Comment