Tuesday, September 15, 2015

20 Weeks

Halfway today! Hard to believe that we are already twenty weeks into this journey and that in another twenty weeks – or less – we will be a family of 3! I have so enjoyed being pregnant and, selfishly, I am glad that I still have a way to go before it’s over so I can enjoy it a little while longer. Check back in with me at the beginning of January and I’m sure I’ll be singing a different tune. I’ve heard that the last month of pregnancy will seem to last longer than the entire eight months before so that’s something fun to look forward to…

At 20 weeks, Peanut:
  • Weighs between 9 and 10.5 oz. and is the size of a banana
  • Is moving all around, though my placenta is in the front and I am still unable to feel her (hopefully soon!)
  • Has hair on her head (unless she plans to be a bald baby like her Mama…bald is beautiful and that’s what headbands are for!)
  • Is developing the brain power to control her senses

At 20 weeks, Mama:
  • Has gained nearly 4.5 lbs. though it looks and feels like a bit more!
  • Is maintaining my workout schedule and trying to make it to the gym anywhere from 3 to 5 days a week
  • Is checking off the to-do list almost as fast as she adds things to it (sorry Daddy!)
  • Has developed a random, and intense, love for ice cold chocolate milk!
20 weeks down and 20 weeks to go…I can’t wait to meet this Little Lady who will make me a mama and I am excited for all the adventures to come. Until then, I’ll look forward to all the fun I’ve heard will greet me in the next 20 weeks, thanks to all the random strangers and/or acquaintances who feel the need to share horrible advice and scary birth stories. According to these kind folks, I am now eagerly awaiting stretch marks, insomnia, hemorrhoids, and backaches, all to be followed by a traumatic birth experience. I hope I remember all of this after having Peanut and I never choose to share anything but happy memories to expectant mothers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment