Friday, June 24, 2016

Time for Real Food? Maybe not....

At Hadley's four month appointment, her pediatrician told us she should try some solid food before her six month appointment. She suggested starting with rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas or sweet potatoes. So far, Hadley hasn't shown much interest in food. This week however we have been at Tina's house each night and Hadley has watched Sadie Kay chowing down on some oatmeal and she appeared curious. Last night, after Sadie Kay ate, we put Hadley in the Bumbo and gave her a few bites of banana flavored oatmeal (gross). She wasn't quite sure what to make of it at first, but she ended up swallowing five or six bites. I don't know that she loved it, but she was a clean eater and wasn't unhappy at the end/ We may wait a few more days before trying something else, but it was fun to see her try something new. I can't believe she's at this point!



This week, Hadley has stayed at home with my mom twice.  My mom keeps saying she is in "Mimi Heaven" getting to spend time with three of her grand-babies. I love that she is getting quality time with the girls and it is fun to get pictures throughout the day. My mom sent me this precious picture yesterday and it may be one of my favorites of her - I think she looks so sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment