Monday, June 13, 2016

Birthday, Brunch and Baby

Yesterday was my birthday and I am now officially staring down my 30's. Last year I was 6 weeks pregnant and was unable to fully celebrate my "Dirty Thirty." Thanks to having a four month old and being in the middle of packing for our upcoming move, this year was not much of a change. I was able to spend the morning with some of my best friends celebrating at brunch. It was nice to toast with a real cocktail this year! Once I was home, the day felt like the rest of our days lately - a mixture of cleaning, organizing and planning for our move. We officially move this Saturday and despite all of the work we have done, I feel we are still a bit unprepared (to say the least). It was nice to get a bit of a break for a while yesterday, and Jason and I are planning to celebrate with date night when my parents are in town later this month (because, let's be honest - they really only want to see the baby and we can give them lots of quality time with her!)




Looking back on the past year is a bit overwhelming as I think of all the big changes, small differences, and many changes yet to come. Thanks to Hadley, 30 was my best year yet and I am looking forward to what 31 may bring. Bring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment