Tuesday, June 14, 2016

No Hair Don't Care

For those who know me, I don't think I would be described as very girly. I like having my hair done, nails painted, and wearing beautiful jewelry but on any given day you are more than likely to find me in unflattering sweats, no bra and a dry-shampooed ponytail on top of my head. So when I found out we were having a girl, I shocked myself when I became obsessed with all of the cute clothes and accessories that are available for girls (seriously, what will I do if we ever have a boy?!)

When Hadley was born, she had a head full of fine, dark hair. As a cue ball baby until the age of 2 myself, I was pretty shocked to see all the hair she had. I shouldn't have gotten too excited, as most of it fell out within the first few months. She kept a ring of hair around the nape of her neck, resembling the cul-de-sac look common to balding old men. She is starting to get more hair on top, and it is coming in very light and fine. All of the beautiful hair bows will have to wait a while. In the interim, she will happily rock a headband. This morning, I put her in a onesie Jason got for her when he was traveling, and of course I put on a matching headband.

As a matter of fact, I do have a bow to match every outfit!



No comments:

Post a Comment