Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Memorial Day Fun

After a difficult week, I was looking forward to a long weekend and some quality time with Jason and Hadley. We've been having some really gross weather lately, but luckily the weekend was nice and sunny. We spent Saturday running errands and house hunting. On Sunday we tried a new church (which we loved!) and went to see a house we liked in Prairie Village, KS. My sister and her family live in PV, affectionately called "Perfect Village" by the locals (I have to admit, it does have a bit of a Pleasantville vibe) and the house we looked at was just two blocks away. It is fun to imagine being so close to my sister and nieces and having Hadley grow up so close to her cousins, at least for the next few years. Mickie has really enjoyed being an older sister to Sadie Kay, who she calls "Sissy" and a big cousin to "Baby Hadley." She is always asking to hold her, but this past weekend she said "Oh, no Jason, Hadley too heavy. Her too fat now." Ha! She keeps us laughing!




On Sunday afternoon, we met some friends at a pool for a barbecue. It was sunny and warm, but thanks to the weather we have had the past several weeks, the pool was freezing! We had Hadley try it, but she was not a fan! I snapped a few cute pics before rescuing her. She looked so cute in her swimsuit and hat, but she ended up peeing on Jason and throwing up on me before dinner so she ended up wearing a onesie instead. Oh, the glamorous life of a parent!

Here are some pics I took over the weekend of my happy girl (well, she was happy until we tried to put her in the pool):




This week we will be keeping busy as we begin cleaning and packing. All of the houses we have looked at are considerably smaller than the place we are in now (looks like the housing market has improved a bit since we moved three years ago!) so we will be downsizing and we are making decisions as to what we can sell, donate, throw away, or store for the future. I am not a fan of moving (I mean, who is really?) but I am excited to find a new place to make our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment