Friday, October 30, 2015

26(ish) Weeks

We have passed the 26th week mark and s*** is getting real! We had such a great weekend celebrating with our family and friends and coming home I realized that was my last flight until my little Peanut is my carry on! It is hard to believe we are only 14ish weeks away from D-day. Some days I am so excited, I just want her to be here, but most days I am overwhelmed by all that is left to do and I'm glad she has a while left to cook herself to optimal cuteness.

At 26 weeks, Miss Hadley is about 14 inches long and around 2 pounds. She is roughly the size of a butternut squash or a bowling pin. She can now open her eyes and she can control her lung function on her own. Given her regular movement, she may want to be a dancer like her Mama. At this point, she is still small enough that her movement isn't uncomfortable and it's neat to watch her respond to outside noises (like Gracen barking) and respond to what I eat (she is loving the hot sauce!) She is most active during the day and at night when I am calm. I have found that exercise and regular movement seems to rock her to sleep so she misses out on all the fun at my regular Zumba classes.

I continue to enjoy being pregnant and I still feel good physically. I returned to Zumba last night after a few days out of town and I am feeling it today. I have gained right at 10 lbs and I have found that exercise is beginning to become more difficult as I get more front heavy and my sense of balance is not what it once was! Everything I have read has prepared me to gain a "hefty" amount of weight in the weeks to come so I'm sure watching me try to dance will become an even more comical experience for those in class. I keep telling myself that the activity will make it easier to bounce back after delivery so I hope that ends up being true.

Jason's travel schedule is about to pick up again and he is gone the first three weeks of November. Lucky for him, I have arranged our to do list to coincide with his weekends at home (bless his heart - he is routinely earning his spot in Heaven dealing with my crazy). We are excited to get started on the nursery and I can't wait to see it all come together.


No comments:

Post a Comment