Monday, October 12, 2015

My Best Friend's Wedding

My best friend is married! Robyn and Paul were married in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida this past Saturday. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and the bride looked like a pint-sized Malibu Barbie! I flew into Atlanta last Wednesday morning and rode with another bridesmaid, Casey, down to the beach. I was happy to have the chance to get into town early so I could spend some time with Robyn before the craziness began. She and Paul did a great job planning all the details of the weekend, and it all came together beautifully.


On Friday night following the rehearsal dinner, Paul's family hosted a low-country shrimp boil on the beach. The weather was perfect and everyone had such a nice time hanging out by the bonfire, roasting S'mores and getting to know one another. Jason had flown into Florida the day before from Canada, but unfortunately he was sick and missed the rehearsal dinner. Luckily he was feeling better by Saturday and was able to enjoy the wedding. Following dinner, the bridal party set off fireworks (which are illegal so we only did a few!) and I learned that Peanut may not like loud noises. As soon as the fireworks went off, she started moving around like crazy and it wasn't until the show finished that she calmed back down. I like to think she was dancing around in there in celebration, and I'm not complaining because I love feeling her move!


The weather on Saturday was beautiful and Robyn was calm and excited throughout the day. She has an amazing group of friends and we all had so much fun spending time together. The ceremony was perfect and then the party started. We had a great time celebrating, but I was exhausted by the time the reception started to wind down. I ended up sneaking out a little early in order to try and get some sleep before traveling home.



Sunday morning before leaving town we had the chance to eat breakfast with my cousin Leah and it was so great to see her and spend some time with her. She is always so sweet and funny and I loved getting the chance to catch up with her!

I was so honored to stand next to Robyn on the biggest day of her life and I cannot wait to see what the future brings for she and Paul. We are excited to stand with them on their journey together and have Hadley grow up with "Aunt Robyn and Uncle Paul" by her side.

No comments:

Post a Comment