Tuesday, October 6, 2015

23 Weeks

Hadley and I had a check-up this morning and we are happy to report that everything looks good! I’ve gained almost 10 lbs. and I am measuring a bit small (only measuring at 21 weeks, but the doctor said that is fine because I’m otherwise healthy). My BP remains low (100/75) and the baby’s heart rate is strong (140). I continue to feel really good and have been able to maintain a relatively healthy diet (better when my live-in chef is in town!) and keep up my exercise routine. Our next appointment is the first week of November and after that I will be seeing the doctor every 2 weeks. Hard to believe we will be in the third trimester at that point!


And the most exciting update of this week...I finally felt her move! On Sunday night, I was on the couch with Gracen and all of a sudden I felt what I thought was her moving. I immediately started crying! I didn't feel her again that night so I began to think maybe I had imagined it. Today when the doctor was checking her heart rate, she moved again and I definitely felt her. It took the doctor another minute to find the hear rate again because she was dancing all over. Coolest thing ever! My doctor said it may still be a while before I feel her throughout the day and before you can feel her from the outside as she is still pretty tiny and my placenta is acting as a pillow. Our pregnancy app tells us that this week, our little Peanut is the size of a Chinchilla or a Barbie doll. Our little lady is growing bigger by the day and she'll be here before we know it! 


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so happy you got to feel her move. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete