Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Baby Blanket and a Bigger Bump

Today, Jason and I received our first homemade baby gift. My friend Christina made us a quilt and it is so precious! She did such a beautiful job and I cannot wait to have it in the nursery. I think it will be perfect! Christina and I met when I began working at Cerner last year and she is one of my favorite people in Kansas City. She is so smart and sweet and has a good head on her super young 23-year old shoulders. She recently accepted a job in Salt Lake City and is relocating this weekend. Selfishly, I am sad she is leaving and I am losing one of my best friends at work, but I am so proud of her and excited to see where her journey takes her.


This week we hit the 24-week mark! It's so crazy how fast time is going, and I think it is speeding up the further along we get in the process.

At 24 weeks, Peanut:
 - is about a foot long and weighs more than a pound
 - is the size of a Puffin or an eggplant
 - moves around a lot and reacts strongly to loud noises (we have discovered that she is not a fan of Gracen barking or fireworks!)
 - is starting to develop taste buds and luckily her Daddy continues to make delicious meals for her to enjoy

At 24 weeks, Mama:
 - continues to feel really good physically and emotionally
 - has learned she can no longer hang with the fun crowd, and she's still recovering from Robyn's wedding weekend fun
 - has gained almost 10 lbs and is beginning to feel a little "front-heavy"
 - is loving hot sauce on anything as well as Iced Chai Lattes


Jason and I are enjoying spending some quality time together this week before he begins traveling again for work. We are both looking forward to going to Atlanta next weekend to celebrate my grandfather's birthday and shower little Peanut with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment