Friday, November 6, 2015

It's the Freaking Weekend...

Thank goodness it's Friday! This week has been a long one and I am happy it's nearing an end. I'm even happier that Jason is home tonight and tomorrow, though he unfortunately has to leave again for work on Sunday. We have missed him this week but he has a few more weeks of back to back travel before he gets a bit of a break.

On Tuesday, we hit the 27th week mark. Our last official week in the second trimester! On Thursday, I had an appointment with my OB. I took my glucose tolerance test and, fingers crossed, I think things went well. The sugary substance was as bad as Tina warned me it would be, but I was able to choke it down and I think Hadley liked the sugar because she’s still turning somersaults! There was no sugar in my urine so the doctor is confident that my blood work will come back clean. No news is good news in this situation so let’s hope I don’t hear from the doctor anytime soon!

Thankfully, things still look good for Mama and baby. I have gained almost 11 lbs. and my BP remains low (112/60). We are still measuring a few weeks behind, but that could be because she's tiny or because she plans to make her appearance a little later in February (I'm hoping for the former!) Baby’s heart rate was strong at 140 – crazy how much louder it is now that she’s getting bigger! Now that we are almost into our third trimester (AAAH!) I am to the point where we start seeing the doctor every two weeks so our next appointment will be November 19th. 

In other news, my older sister Tina is due to have her second baby any day now. Well, technically her due date isn't until December 4th, but she has been having regular contractions and it seems as if Sadie Kay is anxious to be here in time for turkey and dressing (with a father who's a chef and an uncle who pretends he's one, I can't blame her!) We are so excited to be here for this special time and live vicariously through them for a few months while enjoying a little more uninterrupted sleep. 

One of the coolest things to happen this week was that my little sister Celeste sent us a video montage she had made for Hadley at our shower in Atlanta. We were lucky to have a good number of our friends and family in attendance and the video is so sweet. I cry every time I watch it and I even let Hadley listen to it! It is such a sweet memento and will be a great keepsake for her to have in the future. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqsJpabH26w 

No comments:

Post a Comment