Monday, November 30, 2015

30 Weeks, Turkey Day and a Baby!

I realized it has been a while since I last posted and I am blaming it on the fact that Thanksgiving week was pretty crazy and in all the festivities my pregnancy brain let me down. But I'll do my best to recap here.

Last Tuesday, we hit the 30 week mark! I am grateful to still be feeling pretty good physically and, despite the return of the fatigue, I'm continuing to enjoy all the quality time with my little lady. Baby is now about 3 lbs and the size of a cantaloupe. She moves around throughout the day now and I'm hoping that means she is on the same day/night schedule as her parents...we will see come February!


My parents came into town last Sunday to spend the week with us and we were all anxiously awaiting the arrival of my newest niece. Tina went into the hospital on Wednesday, but was eventually discharged when her contractions stopped. Jason stepped up to host Thanksgiving and he, with some help from Justin, made a delicious dinner that we all enjoyed.



Early Friday morning, Tina's water broke and we rushed to the hospital while Jason took Mickie for the day. For all her stubbornness leading up to making her appearance, when she decided she was ready that baby wasn't waiting for anyone. In just over 3 hours, Tina gave birth to a perfect little 7 lb 14 oz daughter - Sadie Kay Myers. She is so precious and looks just like Makenzie did when she was born. As with Mickie, Tina was a rock star, though watching her give birth while I am pregnant has made me want to keep cooking Hadley for the next several months instead of weeks!




My parents left to drive home to Atlanta on Saturday morning so Jas and I took over Mickie duty for the weekend and got in some parenting practice. We had a really good time, and despite being a little overly emotional, Mickie is handling all of the changes in her life really well. She calls Sadie Kay "my baby" and loves being Mommy's Little Helper....for at least a few minutes at a time.


As with every year, I am so thankful for my amazing and supportive family and group of friends, but this year I am particularly grateful for my newest niece, and the little turkey I am still cooking. It has been a whirlwind the past few weeks and I know the time will continue to speed up as we near the holidays so I am trying to enjoy the time I have with Jason before we become a family of 3!



2 comments:

  1. That picture of M holding the baby!! So funny! It looks like she just realized her role as only child officially ended. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's so funny. She likes SK, but is kind of indifferent to her overall. Bless her heart - she just didn't know what was coming!

      Delete