Monday, December 7, 2015

Week in Review

What a busy week! I meant to update the blog a few different times, but something always came up. In all honesty, I probably started this post three times before forgetting what I was doing and moving on to something more productive…most likely eating. Pregnancy brain is no joke and the struggle is real! I now have a to-do list for my to-do list and nothing is getting done. I’m telling myself this is good preparation for the craziness that will soon become my life when we welcome a tiny human into our home (that may just be to make me feel less like I’m losing my mind and convince myself that I still have semblance of control over my life).

On Thursday we had an OB appointment. Things continue to go really well and I am ever so grateful for having such an easy and enjoyable pregnancy. Even with being tired and getting more uncomfortable by the week, I am loving the experience and am already looking forward to doing it again (don’t tell Jason!) I have gained about 18 pounds and am really starting to feel the extra weight – I hope the other women in my workout class enjoy watching me huff and puff through simple exercises. I’m sure I make them feel better about their own fitness level! My BP remains low and the baby’s heartrate was a strong 132. Recently, it seems as if she has gotten more on my schedule and she is more active during the day and less so at night, which is helping me to continue to sleep pretty well. Even with multiple trips to the bathroom, I sleep more than I did pre-pregnancy!


Tina is continuing to recover at home with Sadie Kay after her delivery and Jason and I spent a lot of time with the Myers this week, helping to take Mickie to and from school, and cuddling the baby and helping around the house when we could. On Saturday, Cerner hosted the annual Winter Wonderland at their Riverport location. Jason and I took Mickie and had a really great time. We made crafts, wrote a letter to Santa, met Santa and took a picture with him and enjoyed a photo booth. It was a fun morning and we talked about how next year we will be going with three little girls – hard to imagine!




Sunday, Jas and I spent the day together and really enjoyed some quality time. We hosted at church, then went shopping and ran errands. I cleaned the house while Jas decorated for Christmas and we are beginning to look more festive at the Whittaker Inn. My younger sister, Celeste, flies into town tomorrow afternoon and I am looking forward to some quality time with both my sisters over the next several days. Time continues to move faster than I would like, but we are getting excited about all that is to come in the next few weeks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment