Monday, December 14, 2015

Family, Food and Fun

It was another busy, fun filled week at the Whittaker household. My little sister, Celeste, came into town on Tuesday and stayed with us. She was really excited to come into town to meet Sadie Kay and she was a huge help to Tina. I had to work, but was able to spend time with them each evening. It was great to see her and we are looking forward to her next trip to KC in the spring (and we are already making a list of things she can do to help!) 

Thursday was Jason's birthday and, bless his heart, the day ended up being mainly about Hadley! His team from work threw us a baby shower and gave us some really great gifts including diapers, a dehumidifier, a bath set and a cute UGA outfit and matching bib. Then we came home to a gift from a former coworker of mine who sent a "Peanut" ornament. Jas had been adamant that I not spend any money as we are trying to save for the baby so we had a family dinner with everyone on Friday and we will celebrate just the two of us when he gets back into town this weekend. I wish we were in a position to celebrate him the way he deserves, but I hope he knows how much he is loved and appreciated! 



It was so nice to spend time with everyone during the weekend and Jason and I are getting a true taste of what it will be like to bring an infant home. Luckily, my sister and brother-in-law have adjusted quickly and will be an invaluable asset to us come February. I think Jason and I are both feeling a bit overwhelmed the closer we get to "D-Day" but I have faith that he will do great. Just look at him with both girls from Friday!




Today is Tina's birthday - as well as my oldest niece, Rowan. Poor Tina is at home with a newborn and a sick toddler so I have a feeling she isn't celebrating much today, but I hope she gets to enjoy a nap this afternoon at least. I love both of these birthday girls more than they know! 



No comments:

Post a Comment