Sunday, December 20, 2015

Another Busy Week...

I'm sure I'm like most people in that, when the holidays approach, time seems to speed up and my once manageable calendar all of a sudden feels crammed with too many activities - many of which cost too much money! This year is no different and, if anything, is only heightened as we near our last Christmas as a family of two - and frantically work to complete our to do list before baby makes her appearance.

This week was another busy one for the Whittaker's - busy, but productive. Jason was out of town and I spent the majority of the week planning a collaboration meeting at work. I was able to spend time with one of my best friends, Mandi, at her new house and we had such a great time catching up. She was so sweet to get another cute outfit for Hadley - I just love it! We also received a package in the mail from my friend Ashleigh - the Peanut onesie is just perfect! She is due with her first child in mid-January and I am excited to set up a play date for the girls the next time Ashleigh comes into town.




On Thursday, I had a doctors appointment and am happy to report that things continue to go well for Mama and Baby. Her heart rate remains strong at 130 and my BP is still low (98/60 at the last appointment). I have been struggling with nausea the past few weeks, but the doctor believes this is normal and assured me that everything looks good and we are still on track for a February arrival. Most days, I still feel really good and enjoy being pregnant, so until I am very uncomfortable - I am happy to keep her cooking!

The weekend was busy with normal errands, church and a Christmas party with friends. I am finding I tire pretty easily these days so I'm already planning an early bedtime for me tonight! It was nice to catch up with Jason after his trip and spend time with Tina, Justin and the girls. Two of our pastors at church, Scott and Candace Shaw, were sweet to give us a box full of baby clothes that belonged to their daughter Charlotte. I just love seeing her closet get full with all the cute clothes and hair bows and it's fun to imagine what she will look like when she is finally here and able to wear them all!



Jas is off this week for a much deserved vacation (though, I doubt it will be very relaxing given the to-do list we are continuing to tackle. I broke it up into sections and have marked off everything we've done so far to keep him motivated - just what everyone wants to do on their days off, right?!) I am working through Wednesday but we are planning a low key Christmas just the two of us (and Gracen of course) at home, and I am looking forward to a few days of relaxing, quality time.

No comments:

Post a Comment