Friday, August 28, 2015

Housing Updates

For those that know me well, it comes as no surprise that I like a to-do list. A neat, organized list of what needs to be done, and the satisfaction of crossing items off as they are completed - this feeds my OCD soul like a Southern comfort meal. Soon after learning about Peanut, we drafted the first of many to-do lists and we have slowly but surely been crossing items off, though I have been known to add items faster than we cross them off. Most weekends recently have been at least partially dedicated to cleaning, purging, and organizing. Right around the time we learned I was pregnant, our landlord decided to repaint the exterior of our home and make some repairs as well. This helped to inspire us to get started on the inside of the house and I am pleased with the progress we have made so far. Our house was originally gray with light blue shutters. I'll be honest when I say that we would not have chosen the colors that are now on the house....but I will admit that it looks much better with a fresh coat of paint!


This past weekend,we focused on the basement and the nursery. We measured windows and began testing paint samples. We don't love any of the colors, but we have several others to try so hopefully we will make a decision soon.





Recently, I have experienced first hand the results of "nesting" and I find myself becoming hyper-focused on random items or areas in the house. This weekend it was the bathroom cabinets. For whatever reason, it was absolutely necessary for those cabinets to be cleaned out and now those suckers are clean enough to eat out of! Jason's form of nesting has taken a more productive turn and he has focused on larger items, most recently the living room. He replaced our coffee table with a new leather ottoman, and spruced up the area with new pillows and decorations. He even did the wreath on the front door! (clearly between Jas doing the cooking and the decorating, our relationship does not follow traditional gender roles)



Now that we can see progress throughout the house, we are getting excited to really dive into the nursery. In less than two weeks we will know the gender and I'm hoping that will help to inspire us! Jas comes home today after a week in Glens Falls, NY and I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see the weekend to-do list I have created (bless his heart!) More pics to come as we make progress on Peanut's room...

No comments:

Post a Comment