Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Slumber Party and a Bump Update

Over the weekend we took Mickie for her first slumber party at our house. Tina and Justin wanted some time to celebrate their upcoming anniversary and we were happy to get in some parenting practice with one of our favorite nieces! It was a busy day and I was exhausted by the end of it! We started the day at the zoo. Luckily it had been storming overnight, so it was overcast and not too hot while we were there. Mickie wasn't too sure about some of the animals, but she enjoyed walking around and seeing animals from a distance.



After a few hours at the zoo, we grabbed a Happy Meal for lunch and headed home. Jason took the dog to the park and Mickie and I took a much needed nap. When she woke up, we headed to the park up the street from our house. She played on the playground, but was more interested in the spray park that was also open so we headed over there. I didn't have my phone, but she had a blast running through the water fully clothed. We were both soaked by the time we got home. Mickie took a bubble bath and then she "helped Uncle Das" cook. He joked that when she finished Mickie had cooked more than I ever have (which sadly isn't far from the truth!). I could hear them laughing in the kitchen and had to take a few pics of their conversation...



The finished product seemed pretty tasty and Mickie ate the entire thing while watching my favorite Disney move - "The Little Mermaid." I think I made her a fan! 


It was a great weekend and I think Tina and Justin enjoyed having a break while we had fun with Mickie. It is crazy to think this will be our life in just a few short months! 

Today, I am 15 weeks and Mama and Peanut continue to do well. I still feel great and I've been able to maintain my regular exercise routine at work (which is good because I will admit my food intake is at a different level these days!) We had an appointment yesterday and the doctor said everything looks perfect, which is always a relief. I have only gained three pounds - though I think my bump is deceiving, because I look bigger than that! My blood pressure remains low and the baby's heart rate was a strong 145. The baby was moving all around and the doctor kept having to move the wand so we could hear it. I can't wait until I can feel Peanut move (hopefully here soon!). Aside from hearing the heartbeat, the best part of the appointment was scheduling our sonogram. We have our next appointment on September 9th so 4 weeks from today we will know if we are planning for touchdowns or tutus and I can't wait! 


No comments:

Post a Comment