Tuesday, August 18, 2015

16 Weeks

We are 16 weeks today! I cannot believe it has already been four months and I continue to be grateful that I feel so good. I have loved being pregnant so far and I hope to continue enjoying the ride for the next five months.

At 16 weeks, Peanut:
  •  is the size of a dill pickle (which is fitting as that is favorite snack!)
  •  his/her heart is pumping more than 25 quarts of blood a day 
  •  he/she can detect light through my belly and may be able to hear my voice 
  •  he/she is kicking and moving around and I am anxious to be able to feel it! 

At 16 weeks, Mama:
  •  has gained three pounds according to the scale (ha!)
  •  loves fries and pickles 
  •  works out 3-5 times a week
  •  has become a little more OCD than normal (poor Jason) 
  •  has a former insomniac, sleeps more than she has since high school (which is amazing)  

We are counting down the days until we learn the gender (three weeks!) We have made a lot of progress cleaning and organizing the house and I am looking forward to getting started on the nursery soon. I'm so grateful to have had such an easy time so far and I pray I continue to enjoy the next five months as much as I have the first four! 

4 comments:

  1. So sweet and exciting! How could you possibly be more OCD!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay sleep!!! You look precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The sleep is amazing...trying to enjoy it while it lasts! 😉

      Delete