Monday, August 24, 2015

Weekend Update

We had a busy, but fun, weekend at the Whittaker abode. Friday night, I met with a few of my old coworkers for a girls night. It was so fun to see everyone and catch up for a little bit! I forget how much I miss my social work friends until we hang out and then I almost wish I still worked at COC (almost...but not really!)

Saturday, Jas and I ran errands in the morning and picked out a few paint samples for the nursery (more to come on home improvements later in the week). Our friends, Chase and Sam, were in town for the day and we were able to see them for lunch which was a nice surprise. Chase and Sam both work for Cerner as well and they are currently in Salt Lake City working on a big project. We have missed them being in KC, so it was nice to see them, even if it was just for a few hours. Saturday afternoon, we watched Mickie for a few hours while Tina and Justin spent some time together and then the four of us went to dinner. My manager, Julie, had given Tina and I free passes to the Rhea Lana consignment sale that was held at the Overland Park Convention Center. It is a huge children's consignment sale that is held twice a year. It was a bit overwhelming to say the least! Jason and I did end up finding a few things for Peanut - a bouncy seat, a Bumbo, a swing, several books, a few onesies and two pair of shoes (one in pink and one in blue so we are ready either way!). Everything was reasonably priced and there were a ton of clothes, so Jas was very happy that we don't yet know the gender!


 On Sunday, Jas ran errands while I cleaned. He ended up buying several items to help spruce up the living room (pictures to come) and he did a really nice job. A few new pieces helped to brighten up the room and I teased him that he was "nesting" more than me! He was sweet to cook a big dinner for me with plenty of leftovers - he is traveling to NY this week so he wanted to be sure Peanut wasn't only eating Happy Meals and pickles!


We also got a nice surprise in the mail - Peanut's first UGA onesie. Our friends, Nolan and Lana, were sweet to send it to us and now Peanut is all ready for football season next year!


We are slowly but surely making progress on our to do list and I am looking forward to Jas being home this weekend to continue with some of our projects (poor guy, he'd probably rather stay at Lake George!)

No comments:

Post a Comment