Friday, December 29, 2017

80s Baby

I am a child of the 80's....mid 80's to be exact. Looking back at pictures from when I was little never fails to bring about a good laugh. The hair, the clothes, the cars, the wallpaper. All so dated! I swear when I think about my mom it's not what she looks like now, but rather what she looked like when I was little. She stayed at home with us and her standard outfit was a pair of aqua blue wind pants, white Keds and a March of Dimes t-shirt. This look, which did nothing to accentuate her tiny figure, was topped off with hair that was inexplicably frosted (which made her look older). Oh, how I love looking back at those pictures! 

Funny enough, I now see some of these fashions coming back around (I guess that's what happens with fashion. I wouldn't know seeing as how I live in jeans with my hair in a pony, but I read enough US Weekly to know that's the trend). Today when I got Hadley dressed, I saw first hand that I am creating a baby of the 80's. She is rocking a puffy coat and scrunchie that brought about fond memories of Stephanie Tanner from Full House.  


Also, I think she should become the new face of Welch's Fruit Snacks. We should buy stock in that company given the way she goes through those and, before finishing an open bag, asks sweetly "more nack please, more nack." 

No comments:

Post a Comment