Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Hadley Does Valentines Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I admit I am a bit of a romantic - I love a good rom com, a Nicholas Sparks novel, a sappy love song and the stories of fate and decades long romance can always bring me to tears. Despite my affection for all things lovey-dovey, I've never been a big fan of Valentine's Day. I am lucky to have a very thoughtful and considerate husband who cooks dinner nightly and brings flowers home regularly. He also has great taste in jewelry and spoils me on my birthday and Mother's Day. Because of this, I sometimes forget the hoopla that surrounds Valentine's Day.

This year though, I realized I now get to celebrate through Hadley and you know what that means....a new decorative dress and homemade Valentines treats were a necessity! We found her cute dress on sale at Old Navy for $9 dollars. We paired it with black tights and of course a bow and she looked as cute as can be.



Over the weekend we went shopping and I found mini mason jars. I decorated them with stickers and ribbon. We used the picture of Hadley that we got for her birthday as the tag for each gift.


The teachers had jars of Hershey kisses with a tag that read "Here are some kisses especially for you, thank you so much for all that you do!"


The kids had jars of goldfish with a tag that read "I'm so glad we are in the same school!"


I'm not the most creative person in general, but I had a good time and I think they turned out pretty cute. I am sure the other kids in her class couldn't have cared less about anything other than eating the snack, but one day I hope she will appreciate the effort! 


No comments:

Post a Comment