Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Weekend Fun and a Sick Baby

So I'm a few days late, but I wanted to give an update on this past weekend. After a crazy six weeks of packing, moving, unpacking, and traveling we were excited to have a quiet weekend at home just the three of us. I had a difficult week at work and was really looking forward to a break. Friday in particular was a rough day, but Hadley's teachers helped to turn the day around by sending a sweet picture of Hadley and Sadie Kay together in their class.


I love living so close to Tina and Justin and on Friday night we walked to the village for dinner and met our friends Cody and Emma and their new baby, Ruby. Our Friday nights have definitely changed in the past three years, but I love the chaos and noise that is the new background to our meals.







On Saturday, we ignored our to do list and enjoyed a day together, playing and watching movies. I was even able to start a new book and enjoy a long nap. Perfect day in my book! On Sunday morning Jas stayed home to do yard work while Hadley and I visited a new church in Overland Park. We had been there once before and the second time was just as enjoyable as the first visit. We are planning to continue visiting and I am excited to see how we feel moving forward. 



On Sunday afternoon, Hadley was not acting like her normal, happy self. She was clingy and more tired than normal, taking three naps throughout the afternoon. Since starting daycare she has had a near constant cough that seemed to get worse after traveling to Atlanta. She slept through the night, though she was pretty restless, and I decided to take her back to the pediatrician on Monday afternoon.


This was our third visit in three weeks and I'm afraid Dr. Brown may think I'm a bit crazy. It's apparently just a never ending virus and I was told to be prepared for a continuous cold throughout her first year. When we were leaving I realized that I will be back in the office on the 25th for Hadley's six month appointment - we are keeping that place in business! Despite not being quite herself, Hadley was still the happiest baby in the office! 


No comments:

Post a Comment