Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Tiny Turtle Fun

Yesterday was Hadley's first day of daycare and I have to admit I was a bit nervous. I have been back to work for almost a month now, but the idea that she would no longer be at home somehow made me sad. Luckily, a few weeks ago we were pleasantly surprised when we received a phone call from Cerner Kids - the Montessori school on campus - letting us know we had made it off the wait list and had a spot available to us in the infant room. Jas and I had a long talk about it and decided that it was worth the extra money each month to have Hadley on campus with us. The school is such a nice perk of Cerner, and I love that I can walk over squeeze her whenever I want. And, even better than the convenience, she is in the same "Tiny Turtles" class as Sadie Kay.

We only have one car right now, and Jas is taking a class off campus, so we are leaving earlier than ever before to ensure we get to work on time. But before leaving I was able to snap a couple of pictures to commemorate her first day of "school." Good thing I took them when I did because by the time we got to school she had blown out her diaper and immediately required a full outfit change!



I was a bit nervous when we dropped her off, but Hadley was just as sweet as ever and had a "great" first day. Apparently it was also an exhausting day because she slept all night. She fell asleep on the way home and I had to wake her up to feed her dinner and she was back asleep within 20 minutes. I had to wake her up again this morning when it was time to get her dressed. Fortunately, she always wakes up happy and I didn't mind the extra cuddles!


The school has an online application called "Daily Connect" where I can check in at anytime to see what Hadley is doing. They update it when she eats, sleeps, gets a new diaper, etc. They also post pictures which I love seeing and every week they publish a newsletter for the parents. I really struggled coming back to work and working mom guilt started full force from Day 1. But having her on campus, and in such a nurturing and educational environment, helps me to feel better. And I'm sure they just love having her smiling little self in class (how could you not?)

No comments:

Post a Comment