Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Love

Throughout my life, I have been lucky to be surrounded by wonderful women who taught me about the kind of mother I hope to be to my children. Along with my amazing mother, I had three grandmothers, one great-grandmother, aunts, cousins, sisters and godparents who served as examples of strong, independent women many of whom worked full time while managing a household with apparent ease. On my first Mother's Day, I was grateful for the examples of these women. And, like every day, I thank God for giving me the opportunity to be Hadley's mother. It is a privilege and my greatest joy. 


My first Mother's Day was amazing and I owe that to my husband. He made such an effort to make me feel special and it was so nice to spend the day at home with him and Hadley. I was able to sleep in, I got breakfast in bed, lots of snuggles, and a delicious homemade dinner. On top of that, Jas gave me a beautiful bouquet and a new garnet ring (Hadley's birthstone). He has set the bar high and now I'm feeling a lot of pressure for Father's Day! 



I cannot thank Jason enough for all he did to make me feel loved and appreciated. I am still new to this parenting game and many days I worry that I'm doing everything wrong. But when I see my baby's smiling face, and the gratitude of my husband for my effort, I feel better. And, for a new mom, that's the best gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment