Thursday, June 22, 2017

Father Day!

Why am I always so late with these posts?!

Growing up, I always wanted to marry a man like my dad so my children could have the same example that has led me through life. As an adult, I realized that this was not possible because, for those who know my dad, he is definitely one of a kind (in large part because of Sweet Papa - who is the best of the best). That said, God didn't disappoint and blessed me with a man who has some of the same amazing qualities of my dad - selflessness, sincerity and a wicked sense of humor. Thanks to another great man (Bill) Jas also has qualities that are unique to him - he's a Yankee (who would have thought?!) with a penchant for spicy food, fantasy baseball and Irish whiskey. He's opinionated and complicated and caring and hard working. He is fiercely loyal, proud and unapologetic about his beliefs. That combination allows him to be the perfect partner to me and an amazing dad to Hadley. I am so excited to watch as their relationship grows and I know he will be her first love, as my dad was mine. If I had to lose a piece of his heart to anyone, I'm glad it was to our daughter. Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers out there, but mainly to you Jas! You are definitely worth celebrating!







No comments:

Post a Comment