Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Peanut's Room

We have a nursery! After many months of paint samples, furniture building, cleaning, organizing and more cleaning we now have a completed nursery. I have to give the majority of credit to my husband. I always give Jason a hard time since he does most of the decorating in our home. I like to say it's because he's more opinionated than me (which is true) but he really does have good taste and I love the way the room came together.






We chose to go with yellow and grey as our nursery colors before knowing if we were having  boy or a girl. We sampled nine colors before finding one that we liked. We then chose to have white furniture and we ordered the crib, mattress and glider from Amazon. I didn't want a theme and I really didn't want it to feel like a "nursery" so we chose to keep it simple in terms of decorations. When my parents visited, they helped to begin organizing all of her clothes and gifts we had received, which was extremely helpful.









The nursery is now my favorite room in the house and I have found myself this week going in there at night and reading to the baby in the glider. Hard to believe she will be here in just a few more weeks! At least now she has a room to come home to!


1 comment:

  1. It is perfect! I used to sit in the rocking chair in the nursery when I was pregnant all the time. Such a sweet time of dreaming about the future!!

    ReplyDelete