Monday, January 23, 2017

Happy Birthday Peanut! (a day late!)

What. A. Year. On January 22, 2016, I was anxiously awaiting the moment I would finally meet my baby. We had been looking forward to that moment much longer than than the nine months I had been carrying her and it did not disappoint. At 7:12 pm, my life changed forever when this tiny, precious human landed on my chest. Without a sound she curled up and took over my heart. For those first few weeks our lives were a blur of diapers, bottles and shockingly little sleep. But we found our pace, became diaper changing wizards, and soon remembered what it felt like to sleep longer than 2 hours at a time. Faster than we could have imagined, we watched this little person grow and change a little every day into the beautiful, silly, sweet and sensitive soul that lights our lives. Hadley, you make me want to be a better person and I can guarantee you have taught me more in our time together than I have taught you. I look forward to what comes next and I wish for you everything that is good in this world. Happy birthday Peanut! We love you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment