Sunday, November 6, 2016

9 Months and Halloween

I feel like twice a week I say "I'm going to update the blog" and instead I check email, fold laundry or clean the bathroom. All of those things are probably more important, though this is much more fun. Since it's been a few weeks I have a lot to catch up on. First, on the 22nd, we celebrated 9 months with our little Peanut! Hard to believe she is already nine months old!



At nine months, Hadley:

  • has finally mastered forward movement and is crawling everywhere and trying to pull up 
  • eats anything and everything - her favorites being macaroni, chicken and green veggies 
  • still doesn't have any teeth! 
  • is in the 18th percentile for height, 45th for weight (almost 19 lbs now) and her big ol noggin is in the 99th percentile 
  • still sleeps through the night 
  • loves school and playing with her cousins 

Here is a cute pic I snapped of her at the doctor for her nine month appt - she looks like a little doll!


After celebrating nine months, we looked forward to her first Halloween. I couldn't decide what I wanted her to be, so we went with three costumes! I know she will probably spend many years wanting to be a princess, so we steered clear of the dresses and tiaras this year!

For the parade at school, she went as Batgirl:


For the Spooktacular event at Cerner, she went as a pirate and I have to say she was a hit! All day people were stopping to compliment her outfit and asked to take her picture! I think this was my favorite costume...



For Halloween, we went with the cousins down to the Village where the shops open their doors to trick or treaters. It is a nice alternative to all the trick or treaters visiting your house, especially when the baby goes to sleep at 7:30! For her third costume, Hadley was a chef (also a big hit!) Mickie loved this costume with the chef's hat and all night she kept saying "Oh my goodness, what a cute cook head!" Haha


Now we are almost through the first week of November and we are starting to prepare for the holidays. This is an overwhelming task thanks to our plans to travel as well as have visitors in town, but we are excited for the baby's first Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hopefully I'll be better about updating the blog between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment