Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Well....

It took all of 36 hours into 2017 before Hadley spiked her first fever and I now have a cute and cuddly - if not very helpful - assistant for the day. We were all home yesterday and Hadley was acting a little out of sorts. She was more clingy than usual and wasn't eating as much as she normally does. She took a short afternoon nap and when she woke up I knew something was wrong. Those rosy cheeks told a story of a fever higher than 102 and we settled in for a long and tiring night. She was up once an hour and maintained a high fever through the night despite being medicated. She seems to be feeling better today and her fever is lower, though she still isn't eating very much. She also must be pretty tired because she's going on hour three in her morning nap.



Today was to be my first day back in the office but now I'm working from home and feeling a bit overwhelmed. I recently started a new role at work and it is proving to be more challenging than I anticipated. I have found it difficult to balance work with my home life and it's one of my goals for 2017 to try and find - and maintain - a better balance of the two. It's important to me that I do well at work, but it's more important that I am the kind of mom that Hadley deserves. I am sure this is something that I will continue to struggle with as long as I am a working mother, so hopefully I'll find some better coping techniques soon. For today though, I'll work on un-burying myself from my overwhelmingly full inbox in between cuddles with my personal little heater. Praying that she feels better soon and we can get back to our normal routine tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment